Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A few of my favorite things

I've been sewing a lot of these little drawstring jewelry bags.




I'm keeping this one for myself!


It has become home to some of my favorite pieces of jewelry. Pieces that I don't wear anymore but have special memories attached to them.


Like these earrings.




I wore them when the Husband and I got married. They weren't fancy or expensive but I thought they were perfect! 


I also liked the noise they made when they clacked together. Every time I pull them out to look at them that clacking sound reminds me of that special day.




I keep this antique brooch in my little jewelry bag too.




My Uncle gave it to me when I was in high school. I think it's lovely. I couldn't find a picture of me wearing it which is too bad! You would have laughed! Imagine...huge 80s hair...white dress shirt, collar up and pinned together in the front with this brooch. And don't forget the white eyeshadow!! Oh yeah baby, that was hot stuff in the 80s! Please feel free, take a moment to laugh at that mental picture.


All done? 


Shall we move on?


I also keep this bracelet in my bag.




I got this charm bracelet of Disney characters when I was in 2nd grade.


My Mom won, that's right when I was in 2nd grade she won a trip to Walt Disney World! Fabulous!! 


It was the first of several trips my family would take to the happiest place on earth!



That's me with my little sister and Tigger totally experiencing the happy! Holding that charm bracelet definitely brings back happy memories from our first Disney trip!


There you have it, that's what I keep in my little jewelry bag.


Just a quick heads up for my friends who do not sew, do not want to sew, or breakout in hives when I mention sewing, take an antihistamine tomorrow before reading the blog. For those who love to sew, tomorrow I will show you how to make these great little bags so you can make one too!


Christine

No comments: