Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hazy Day

There is a soft haze drifting over the landscape this morning.




It comforts me, this haze. It suits my mood.


I've noticed that lately I have times when I feel like I'm in a bit of a haze. I struggle to get a grasp on the Family's schedule, which is very full right now with the Husband's work, Miss Sofi Bug's practices for the school musical, Mulan, we're very excited, and Miss Emma Bean's choir practices for an upcoming concert, very fun, but sometimes I feel like I'm scrambling to keep up.


I've noticed that there are times that I don't have much to offer in conversations with others, that in fact my mind drifts. 


Some days I feel like I've lost my groove. You know, that rhythm of the day? Sometimes I feel out of step.


I've also noticed that tears flow freely at the most unexpected times.


It's grief. It does the strangest things to us.


That's why the haze this morning suited me, inspired me to go to the park to take some photos.




It was as if the world was reflecting my heart today. A little cloudy, but still beautiful.


Funny thing is, when I got to the park to take photos of the haze covered world, the haze had begun to lift.




I laughed. I feel that too.


Some days, some moments are clear and bright. Life feels like it's all it should be.


Yes, grief is a strange thing.




I will be okay, even in these hazy days, because I remember...Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted, Matthew 5:4.




Sometimes comfort even comes in the simple form of a haze drifting over the landscape.


Christine

No comments: