Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Keeping My Fingers Crossed

This winter there haven't been many faces covered in snow.




There wasn't a snow covered path for the sleigh ride at our local Winter Wonderland celebration.




There haven't been any afternoons playing in the snow, building snowmen or throwing snowballs.




Therefore there haven't been any red nosed, frozen children running inside for hot cups of cocoa with whipped cream and sprinkles.




Nope. There hasn't been any of that!


All of that is supposed to change today!


The weather forecast has been calling for 8 to 10 inches of snow beginning this afternoon! Yippee!!


Of course the closer we get to this afternoon, the more we keep hearing the total possible accumulation totals drop. Bah!


I want a snow day!


I want school cancelled!


I want kids, frozen from playing in the snow, who need cups of hot cocoa!


I want snuggling around the fire!


I want wet mittens drying by the heat vents!!


Please let it snow!


Keeping my fingers crossed for 8 to 10 inches of the fluffy white stuff!




Christine

No comments: