Friday, March 16, 2012

A Day at the Zoo

We went to the zoo yesterday, the girls and I.


The weather has been so lovely here. I thought a day at the zoo would be a very good way to fully enjoy it!


We packed a lunch. Made plans to meet a friend and off we went!


On the way to the zoo Miss Sofia told me that she would be considered an adult in only 4 years. What??


I did not know what to say.


I'm not sure if she thought she should tell me in case I hadn't noticed she was growing up.




Oh my dear, I've noticed!


Or if she was trying to politely tell me she was getting a little old for trips to the zoo. Hmmm


Whichever it was all I wanted to do was jam my fingers in my ears and say, "LA LA LA! I CAN'T HEAR YOU!!"


Then I remembered that I am the adult and I'm supposed to be the mature one.


I had about 10 seconds to calm myself before Miss Emma Bean piped up to say, "And I'll be an adult in 7 years!" UGH!


I was in complete distress by the time we met up with our friends.


I felt much better when I caught Miss Emma Bean doing this!




Whew! I've still got 7 years. It may be 7 long years!


That's my friend's son Tucker in the photo with Emma Bean. How cute is he? Super!


Anyway, whether Miss Sofia thinks she's getting too old for the zoo or not, I enjoy the zoo very much! And I'm the one who drives! And For now I'm still the boss of her. For at least 4 more years. The zoo it is!


She did actually have a good time.


Who could resist?


Best mustache award goes to...




I never realized antlers could be so useful! There isn't an itch he can't reach?




Kinda disappointed I didn't get the focus right on this one. It should have been on his eye. Oh well.




I really like this shot. He was giving me his good side.




Or getting a good whiff of all of the little snack sized people.


And while everything was drab brown outside, we were delighted to stroll through the indoor garden.


Oh the colors!








No! One never gets too old to enjoy the zoo!


I hope you have a lovely weekend! And may your little ones grow up slowly!!


Christine

No comments: