Monday, March 5, 2012

Success

I did it!




I made good bread!! Oh happy day! 


The family called it heavenly!


The crust was perfect. 


The bread was soft and delicious! 


I was elated!


What was the difference from the last time I made bread, that turned out so awful, you might ask. 


Armed with a little advice from friends and family; make sure the yeast is still good, knead the dough a little longer, etc...I tried the french bread recipe again, heeding the instruction I had been given. However, the real difference was discovering that I had misread an ingredient amount. oops


When a recipe calls for 1 and 1/2 tablespoons of oil, misreading the amount and adding 1 and 1/2 cups of oil will ruin the bread. That's right 1 and 1/2 cups instead of 1 and 1/2 tablespoons. Definitely makes for bad bread.


Please feel free to laugh out loud. 


And remember...if at first you don't succeed, try try again, and read the directions twice, measure once.


Now I'm going to go eat bread!


Christine











No comments: